Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Twitter Machine Tuesday

Okay.  I know what you're thinking.  He writes this post about his work life changing, and his blog life goes kaput.  It really wasn't my intention.  I wanted the transition to my "new" life to be seamless, so that my tens of followers didn't notice the difference.

That of course didn't happen.

I've instead seemingly abandoned you.  For that I give a half-hearted apology.  You see I never realized that all these work changes and schedule changes and life changes would affect my ability to post consistently on my blog.  I figured that I might even have more time to write.  This may be true once I settle in, but I'm still learning the ropes of a new industry and getting used to being a stay-at-home dad for parts of the week.  Not to lessen what I do here, but life takes precedent over the words I write.

But I promise to make more of an effort.  I'm going to get back in my groove with more posts each week.  I'm home alone with the girls on Thursdays, so that will mean a weekly post about our Thursday adventures.  I'll also write about my life learning a new industry.  And of course my calling card is making its triumphant return never to be missed again.

That's right.  Twitter Machine Tuesday is back in full effect!


-You'd think that I'd have some of these saved up after such a hiatus.  You'd be wrong.
-The internet is the last bastion for anonymous douchebags to rip someone they've never met.
-Anyone can be tough when they don't have to be held accountable to what they say. Own it.
-Being a true fan is continuing to watch your team even though they have no real shot of winning.
-Every Chicago Cubs fan is nodding right now.
-I don't get how people get so excited about the Madden video game. Never been into it.
-I would celebrate a Tecmo Super Bowl release though.
-I'm officially the only dude that doesn't care about that game. I'm sure @erinsgirls appreciates that.
-I don't really care about the NFL which may have something to do with my disinterest in Madden. Is that un-American?
-Peanut butter, bananas and vanilla ice cream. Or as I like to call it: The Elvis Sundae.  Delicious.
-Parenthood is back, and I am VERY excited.  Adam Braverman is my hero (Fake Person Division)
-I was never really clear on what I'd be doing in my new career...and I won't be now.
-I've had Chicken McNuggets more in the last 30 days than I had in the previous 10 years.
-Fiber One commercials aren't joking. Those bars shouldn't taste as good as they do.
-One of the perks of my new job is being able to see the girls in the morning.
-They're so happy when they first wake up. #notlikemom
-Both the girls are clapping now. Ana does it when you hold her above your head. Grace on the changing table.
-You don't realize how adorable something can be until you see a ten-month-old do it.
-Cinnamon Burst Cheerios are crazy delicious. I could eat them every day.
-I find that mixing your own plain Greek yogurt and fresh berries is more delicious than the store-bought stuff.
-I don't understand the appeal of Pitbull. So he wears suits and makes bad Miami music? I guess so.
-At least The Miami Sound Machine made good music and had Gloria Estefan. Bring them back.
-Note to wedding DJs: Lady Gaga doesn't get the over-25 crowd on the dance floor. Just play 70s funk and soul.
-80s songs are also a good bet considering current demographics of wedding guests.
-I write "current demographics" like I've consulted studies on the topic. I haven't.

You may have been expecting more.  If that is the case, you've obviously never read my blog before.  As for my loyal readers, I'm glad to crawl over the bar I've lowered to floor level for you.  But you'll start getting my mediocrity more consistently again.

1 comment:

erin - mutterings of eringirl said...

#notlikemom

HA!! I actually DO like to be up early in the mornings... but only if I've gone to bed early.

You crack me up. So that's good =)