Wednesday, October 3, 2012

30 by 30: Yard House

If you've never heard of Yard House, first of all shame on you.  Second, I won't judge because some people just aren't beer drinkers.

But if you are a beer drinker, Yard House is like beer drinker heaven.  I'm saying this with no incentive at all from Yard House.  They wouldn't have to pay me for me to talk about their beer selection.

As a self-proclaimed beer snob, I love the selection and the fact that I could go every day for a different beer and not have the same beer until halfway through the year.  That isn't hyperbole.  They have over 100 beers on tap and introduce new beers on a monthly basis.  So when I put a goal of trying every on tap beer that Yard House offers, it was quite the undertaking.

The first problem: I know which beers I like and really want to drink every time I go in.  So I'm faced with the dilemma of trying completely new beers every time I go or adding a beer or two to the one I was already planning on drinking.  This is obviously a good problem to have.  Like a baseball manager with too many good hitters.  I just played it by ear every time I've gone in.

The second problem: How do I keep track of every beer I've tasted and know when new beers come into their rotation?  This one started with me just writing down beers as I've tried them.  When Erin and I swung in on our anniversary, we learned there is a Yard House app.  Said app allows you to track and rate every beer you've tried.  This was a revelation.

Needless to say I couldn't wait to transfer my list to the app
I'm nowhere near finished trying every beer, and I'm may never be finished with their rotating featured beers.  This goal was more about getting out of my comfort zone and trying something simply because I hadn't.  I think I know exactly what I like, but I wouldn't know for sure until I've tried it all.  Erin is certainly helping.  She's planned a beer-themed party for my birthday.  That could help close some of the gap.

STATUS: INCOMPLETE (FOR NOW)

No comments: