Friday, July 6, 2012

Daddy Daughter Days

Daddy Daughter Day from last week got rescheduled at the last second.  I had to go into work because I changed my schedule around, so this left me with no pictures or time with my girls.

It really leaves a void in my week when this happens.  I look so forward to spending one on one time with them (or one on two time more accurately).  There are times when all I do is sit in the chair and watch them interact with each other.  That usually devolves in getting on the floor and playing with them and wrestling.

But I was back off and playing with them yesterday.  Enjoy.

Here the girls are enjoying their oatmeal. They like to look at each other when they eat.


We went to Mother Goose again.  Ana was saying "GOOSE!" when we got there.  Needless to say they were very excited.  They were also very tired when we got back home after all the dancing and singing.  So we ate lunch early and took early naps.  Nap time used to be Walking Dead time.  During the summer it is Futurama time.


Grace wanted to brush her own hair after her nap.  It's obviously awesome.


Seriously this kid makes my heart explode


I wanted a nice little picture with me and the girls, and Grace decided I needed her baba.  She's such a giver.


Erin got off a little early.  This was the text that she sent me.  We decided to do something impromptu like...


Going to Folsom Lake with the girls.  Grace loves the water.  She ran right into it.  Ana on the other hand wanted nothing to do with it.  She just kept saying "Hold You" whenever we got close to the water.  There was much sand in diapers and Grace had a mini-meltdown when we had to leave, but it was a great way to end the day.

Ana also was running a fever all evening.  She woke up in the middle of the night and Erin brought her to bed with us.  She wasn't acting sick.  Just a little lethargic.  There was a point where she was crying because of the discomfort and only wanted to be held by me.  I didn't know I missed the feeling of rocking them to sleep until I got to do it again.  As Erin said "This is why people have more babies."

Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments: