Saturday, July 28, 2012

Daddy Daughter Days

I took a week off from blogging and it was somewhat glorious.  I didn't have to worry about being clever or figuring out what I wanted to write for a whole week.

Now I know why people stop entirely.  Because it is just so easy to decide not to do it anymore.

You go on a vacation and see this...
And this...
And you think "Why am I worrying about writing and blogging and not just experiencing life?"  But I came full circle on it and remembered that I started this whole deal to record our life as a family.  That way we'll always have something to look back on.

So I jumped right back into it this Thursday for Daddy Daughter Day.

We love to color.  In fact Grace sees the table and immediately starts saying "Color. Color."  It is adorable and a great way to learn the different colors.  At one point Ana ripped the orange crayon out of Grace's hand, and Grace started screaming.  Of course it was the orange crayon.  She wouldn't do the same for a Dodger blue crayon.

Here is Ana doing yet another self-portrait.  I saved you the 10 pictures of the ceiling that she took as she kept hitting the camera button at the bottom of the iPhone screen.


Grace put her baba in my mouth and her blanket (Zeebs) on me and said "Dada nigh-night" and went back to playing with her toys.  I was honored that she gave me her stuff to go to sleep, but I was a little disappointed that she didn't want to keep playing with me.


I just...this kid is so...  I'm so in love with these girls.


Sometimes when you need to use the potty, you just need to read a good book.  In this case, it was That's Not My Bear.  Grace also used the potty 3 times on Thursday.  I was so proud.

Just loungin' so hard.  No big deal.

And we love to play with our new chalkboard.  Thanks to our mom for finding that one.

That's all for this week.  Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

No comments: