Friday, August 3, 2012

Daddy Daughter Days

Let me tell you what throws a curve ball on a day off with your kids: When one of them is in a cast.

You can't really do anything involving water in fear of getting the cast wet.  Grace can't really get around as well, so you have to carry her everywhere.  You can't put them in certain outfits because they may not fit over the cast.

We didn't let this deter us from having a great day.

We left the house right after breakfast and went over to visit the girls' great grandparents.  Her Grace is on the couch with her great grandma.  I think it's so wonderful that they get to have a relationship with their great grandparents.  I still remember spending time with my great grandparents when I was growing up.

We also had a couple of special treats.  I walked in and saw the big bowl of dough sitting on the counter and knew exactly what that meant.  Great Grandma made cabbage buns a.k.a. bierock.  It is ground beef, onions and cabbage wrapped in a delicious dough then baked in the oven.  Put a little yellow mustard on it and enjoy.  Basically you can't be in our family if you don't love cabbage buns.

And Ana and Grace passed the test and can remain in the family.  They LOVED the cabbage buns and ate them how our family enjoys them with watermelon on the side.  They didn't try them with yellow mustard just yet, but that should happen next time.  They also got to taste a peach pie that their great grandma made. Don't worry.  They're going to be pie people.  Start 'em young, that's what I always say.

And we had a surprise visit from our Auntie Nina while we were there.  She always loved to see them.  Grace was in the midst of screaming in excitement at this point.


We even spent some time serenading everyone there.  This was a song they co-wrote called "Let's Pound on All the Keys" which is a waltz. 


When we first arrived the girls weren't in such a playful and gregarious mood.  It took a little music and stuffed animal time to really warm.  Here is Ana's dance routine.

So much fun that this is what the went down in the back seat within 4 minutes of pulling away from their house.  Some tired little ones.

I went in to sell a car in the afternoon, so I took the girls in with me to exchange cars with Erin.  While there Ana ran right up to the FR-S and kept saying "Car" and "Open" while pulling on the door.  So I opened the door and she climbed right in.  Then she kept saying "Closed" so I would close the door.  She was totally digging it.  The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.  She started crying when I took her out.  Maybe my best argument for getting this car.  Just saying.

That's all from this week.  Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

No comments: