Saturday, April 14, 2012

Daddy Daughter Days

It's been a long time since I've posted one of these.

I almost don't remember what to even write about...

Oh that's right, my children.  My children that enjoyed an entire day indoors thanks to the storm of the century that rolled through our town on Thursday.  Well maybe not the century, but it was at least the storm of the month.  There was some definite cabin fever involved, but we still made the most of it.

Erin purchased a ham for the sole purpose of making soup out of it.  At least that's what I tell myself since I've never really been fond of ham.  I can't really explain it.  There are just so many other meat choices that I prefer.  But Ana seems to like it a lot.  I fried up some ham and eggs for breakfast which Ana scarfed down like it was going out of style.  Grace boycotted the ham and wanted an English Muffin instead.  Just like her dad.
Like I wrote before it rained pretty much non-stop all day on Thursday.  The only time it cleared up was when the girls were napping.  Just their luck.  But the pined for the clouds to break up all day.  They did get to hear thunder and see lightning.  The looks on their faces when the thunder rumbled around our house were classic.


Ana is obsessed with taking pictures of herself on the iPhone.  This is one of seven pictures that she took of herself.


All Grace wanted to do was read.  All Ana wanted to do was have a tea party.  This is called a compromise.
This was only a portion of their dinner.  They had tofu and green beans and other stuff.  But they decided that the bowls of cottage cheese were fun and delicious.  There are better ways to eat.  In fact they are both quite good at using spoons.  I actually think they learned this move from me when I drink my milk out of the bowl after eating my cereal.


This one was actually from this morning.  I just think it's so adorable that their hair is getting long enough to put bows and such in their hair.

The one thing I didn't get a picture of was Erin after her run.  She has been running and working out more and more recently, and I'm so proud of her.  In fact she is doing a 5k tomorrow.  Basically she is putting me to shame.  She has gotten so dedicated that she went out in the pouring rain on Thursday to keep her running streak alive.  When she got back she was SOAKED.  Like dripping wet.  That my friends is dedication.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

No comments: