Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Twitter Machine Tuesday

So I was planning on this post being the cutoff for entry into my 200th Post Contest.  "What contest?" you ask.  Why it's the contest where I'm giving away pint glasses and a BevMo gift card to fill said glasses.  It's funny because I've had a ton of page views on my 200th post, but only a handful of people are actually entering to win.

I know what you're thinking, "I'm not going to win anyways, so what's the point of signing up?"

That, my friends, is a defeatist attitude.  Michael Jordan would tell you that you don't make 100% of the shots you don't take.  And if everyone thought there was no point in entering, there would never be any winners in this world.  Of course there also would probably be no contests to win because no one would enter them.  Someone has to win.  Just ask Janelle over at Renegade Mothering who won my 100th Post Giveaway and some delicious cupcakes as a result.  You could literally be the next Janelle (except probably not as cool, but still).  In fact some might say that winning BevMo swag is way cooler than Icing on the Cupcake swag.  I'm not here to rate the two, but I'll just say that the money you save by winning the BevMo card could be put toward purchasing cupcakes.  And there are few things more awesome than eating cupcakes after drinking free hooch.

This has been a very long-winded way to say that I'll extend my entry period through Thursday.  I'll still be announcing the winner in this very space on the 10th.  It could be you!  And with how few people have entered, the likelihood is very high that it will be you.

On to the Twitter Machine.  Be warned I will be discussing Mad Men and there will be spoilers.

-Ana & Grace know what flip-flops are. Ana even says flip-flops. Actually it comes out more like fip-faws.
-It just goes to show you the preferred footwear in our house.
-Am I going through a mid-life crisis if I covet the new FR-S in Hot Lava color? #toyota #scion
-And what does that say about how long my life will be if my mid-life comes before 30?
-As a Giants fan I feel it is my obligation to point out that in the last 7 days the Giants have gained 4.5 games on the Dodgers #sfgiants #watchyobackbums
-Rooting hard for Spurs-Celtics finals if only because Duncan secretly hating KG all these years makes it that much more compelling #nba
-Also it's always nice to notch off one more year of LeBron not winning a title after their 6-7 titles proclamation
-It was pretty obvious that we've been heading toward a Lane Pryce suicide this week #madmen
-I couldn't have been the only one laughing when the Jaguar wouldn't start and he couldn't kill himself with it as a result #madmen
-I really need to get on the ball for my 30 before 30 list. I mean I've only checked off one so far. #embarrassing
-Sometimes I just like to break into dance with the girls. We all seem to enjoy those moments.
-Have a new project at work. This sort of stuff invigorates the hell out of me. #bringit
-It actually has me excited about my current tasks and how to fold them into each other.
-Johnny Depp performed with The Black Keys at the MTV Movie Awards. May have gotten my wife interested in The Black Keys.
-Still wouldn't have been worth sitting through all the Twilight related nonsense to see it.
-I can't believe Mr. Trololo died. I'm gonna miss him so damn much.
-And we lose Richard Dawson on the same day. #whygod
-I don't know if you've seen the video of the 2-year-old hearing his mom's voice for the first time. It is heartwarming.
-I have a lot of crazy shit running through my head. If I put it all on here, I'd probably lose every reader.
-That my friends is called decorum
-Does Andy Samberg leaving SNL mean no more digital shorts a.k.a. the only reason to actually watch SNL?
-I guess he can just start uploading everything directly to The Lonely Island website or Funny or Die #butstill
-Still don't know how I got snookered into watch The Bachelorette with my wife #marriedpeopleproblems
-The Bro-liday in Bro-muda was almost too much to handle
-Ana says "Ummm" when you ask her questions. Slowly perfecting her stall tactics
-They also like to say "Ugg" and hug each other. I pretty much die every single time.

That's all on the Twitter Machine today.  See you next Tuesday.

No comments: