Sunday, April 24, 2011

1000 Words

I know that you must be clamoring for my week in photos.  I mean you didn't get to see anything last week, and I always wait until the very last minute to post them on Sunday.  "Wait until the last minute" can also be read as "We have twins for God's sake and I didn't even eat dinner until 10pm.  I'm not a blogging machine.  I can only do so much.  I'm only a man!"  This is followed by tears and heavy drinking.  Then I sober up just enough to throw together a few cogent thoughts that go along with random pictures.  And that is what I'd like to call my creative process.

Without further ado, here are my pictures from the week that was (and as always I link it all back to the incomparable Kim at Yeptheblog)...



grab a beer button
 


I'm not going to deny that I'm more than a little partial, but I have to say that I've not seen a cuter smile than Grace's.


Okay Ana is right there too.


Ana continues to smile while in the big bed.  Grace of course can't be bothered.  Gotta get that beauty sleep.


Ana would just rather put a blanket over her head than to have a sleeping picture be taken of her.


We were on our way to the store to buy things for dinner.  Ana loves adventures.


While at the store my wife wanted to buy Funfetti Cake for cupcakes.  She made some for my team at work.  They may or may not like me, but they certainly love my wife since she constantly is baking things for them.


The "real" reason for the season.  Okay, now that may not qualify me for eternal damnation, but it will at least qualify for a work-release program of damnation.  Maybe damnation house arrest.


Friday night was it's own little adventure.  We have been incredibly lucky that both our girls pretty much have slept through the night since very early on.  I don't know with whom my wife made this deal, but I'm pretty grateful for it.  This wasn't the case Friday heading into Saturday morning.  At first Grace was up crying at 3:30 in the morning.  Both Erin and I tried to calm her down, but she wasn't having it.  After a while Ana woke up and joined the party.  The only difference was she was laughing.  Yes, laughing maniacally at her parents' suffering.  Laughing that we had to be awake when we both really needed the sleep.  It wasn't until rocking Grace in the chair at about 6am when she finally calmed down.  I didn't dare move her for at least 45 minutes, but she did finally sleep until 8am.  Success-ish!

WARNING!  THE PICTURES YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE ARE SO SWEET THEY MAY MAKE YOUR TEETH HURT.

Every year my aunt has a big Easter egg hunt for just about any kid that can carry an Easter basket.  It is huge.  There have been years when 50-75 kids have gone through the fields by her house to look for eggs with candies and prizes in them.  This is what the girls wore to the party.  I really can't wait until they can hunt for eggs.

SERIOUSLY, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED ABOUT THE CUTENESS

Erin sent me this picture while I was at work.  Needless to say I didn't actually get any work done the rest of that day.  Too busy staring at my adorable baby girls in their first easter dresses.  Erin made the outfits even cuter with white tights and shoes and sweaters.

Happy Easter Everyone!

1 comment:

kim {the non-mom blogger} said...

You're right. My teeth hurt.

Cheers.