Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Twitter Machine Tuesday

Before Mother's Day, Erin took the girls down to the Bay Area to visit some family.  She left on Friday and was gone until Saturday evening.

Essentially it was enough time to carry them upstairs and lay them in their cribs.

So I had the house to myself for two days.  Most people would revel in the fact that they had no kids or wife for almost 48 hours, but it didn't feel right to me.  I'm normally greeted with screams of "DADA!" when I get home on Fridays.  Instead I was greeted with a silent, empty house.  Saturday mornings before I go to work are spent in the big bed with Erin and the girls.  This past Saturday I woke up and no one was there.

And don't even get me started on how hard it is to sleep in a bed by myself.

Children fill your house with energy and love that can't be matched.  There may be a time when I welcome the quiet static that is an empty house, but that isn't me just yet.

Twitter Machine rolls on.

-Maybe it's a sign of my age, but Justin Bieber just needs to pull up his damn pants #getoffmylawn
-I don't get political in this space because it's not the forum, so you won't be reading my op-ed on Pres Obama on gay marriage
-I will say that my opinion on marriage doesn't extend beyond my front door. It's the only marriage I have input in. #sheletsmethink
-Time Magazine got exactly what it wanted: Everyone talking about the cover.
-I appreciate the people that tried to steer the conversation back to the actual topic of attachment parenting.
-Really isn't it at least a good thing that the topic of attachment parenting is being talked about? Maybe not on the terms you'd like #butstill
-I honestly didn't know Desperate Housewives was still on the air until I learned of the series finale #seriously
-So 30 Rock will have it's final season next year. I don't know what I'll do without Liz Lemon and Jack Donaghy in my life
-Battleship comes out this week. In spite of my unnatural Liam Neeson love, I hope it fails spectacularly.
-Ana now says "Monkey" although it more comes out as Munchy. Still pretty darn cute.
-Ettore's in Sacramento makes a cheese danish that should seriously be illegal. It's that good.
-Going from turkey burgers to beef is like going from black and white TV to 1080p HD.
-Speaking of burgers The Counter in our area is closing which gives me a major sad.
-Haven't had a chance to watch Will Ferrell on SNL from the weekend, but I hear good things
-Apparently we're going to be treated to a Freddy Mercury hologram. #damnyouholopac
-Better secondary Parks & Rec character: Perd Hapley or Jean Ralphio?
-Dealing with a city's public services department is like pulling teeth with a rusty wrench. I need Leslie Knope.
-Mom, John Travolta won't come out of the closet!
-30 For 30 is back this fall. There have been some great ones so far. I'm sure there are still great stories yet to be told.
-I have no desire to see The Dictator because I'm pretty sure all the funny bits are in the trailer. #likeeverytrailer
-There is however a teaser for Anchorman 2 that will play before, so that might be enough to get me to see it. #scotchscotchscotch
-The Bachelorette is back to make me question the taste of every woman I know.
-Ana also pushes Grace and says "Go." I'm blaming this impatience on her mother.
-Some times I have to consciously take a picture of something besides my girls just so my Instagram isn't monotonous.
-Was so excited for We Are Augustines opening for Counting Crows. Closest they are coming to us is Bend, OR #maybenextyear

That's all for this week.  I'll see you next Tuesday.