Friday, January 13, 2012

Daddy Daughter Days

Another Thursday with my daughters, and it really crystalizes why it's my favorite day of the week.  I literally have uninterupted time with them all day (really uninterupted when they don't want to nap).  I cherish these days.

One of Grace's favorite things is grabbing hats and trying to put them on.  She was all about her bird hat today.  It didn't last long as you can see by the hand coming in from the left because...


Ana decided that she wanted to wear the hat.  And why wait for dad to find the other one when she could just yank it off her sister's head?  Also she is looking more and more like her mom every day.


Something that the girls and I like to play is the blanket game.  Basically it consists of me hiding under the blanket until they try to crawl underneath or pull it off me entirely.  Erin gets frustrated by this because they just walk away when she hides under the blanket.  This of course is a view from under the blanket.


This tent currently resides in our family room.  We're teaching the girls all about roughing it so they can be ready for camping trips this summer.


I have no problem admitting that I'm not great at taking pictures.  Mostly I have great subjects in my photographs (i.e. Ana and Grace).  But I also don't claim to be some great photographer like so many of those moms out there.  Sorry I'm not a faux-tographer like you.  But even those uppity folks have to agree this is a pretty good picture.  Even a broken watch is right twice a day.  Also how cute are these kids?  I'm not actually fishing for compliments here, I want to know a measurement that can actually identify just how damn adorable they are.


Seriously...love them.


Who needs coffee to wake up when you have Grace's smiles?


They will see us waving from such great heights...


This was the only moment Grace wasn't crying when I took them to the park.  Glad to have caught it on camera.  Apparently she is so over swings.

I admit that I'm exhausted at the end of just about every Thursday with watching them and cleaning up the house during every free moment.  I just don't care because everything they do makes it worth it.  Can't wait until next week.

No comments: