Monday, January 30, 2012

This Place is a Zoo

Our girls love animals.

Well they love dogs for sure.  They call every animal a "doggy", so I'm just assuming that they love animals in general.

We finally had a chance to confirm it yesterday.

Erin's grandma gave us a year-long pass to the Sacramento Zoo, so we can take the girls whenever we want.  Since the weather has been so nice recently, we decided that Sunday was going to be a Zoo day.

I remembered the Zoo being much bigger when I was a kid.  Maybe I thought it was bigger because I loved running all around and seeing all the animals and my sheer excitement blinded me to it's actual size.  Realistically it isn't large at all compared to other Zoos, but I still loved taking the girls there.  Seeing their eyes light up at all the animals filled my heart with so much love and took me back to being a kid again.

My favorite part: Pointing out the lion to Grace who instead pointed out the ball in the lion's pen.  Yes Grace, we know you know the word "ball" and it is very cute.

I look forward to going back there with them every few weeks.  I just don't think it will ever get old.

Their faces tell the story, so I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking.
















2 comments:

Becoming Supermommy said...

Every dad should have a picture of his kid on his shoulders at the zoo.

And in that picture, he should be wearing his team's baseball cap. :)

...that is all.

erin - mutterings of eringirl said...

I love the one with Grace's face smashed on the window.